Sunday, August 27, 2006

Detroit Marathon Training - Week 7 - Run #3

Today's planned long run was disrupted by mother nature. I awoke early this morning to the sound of thunderstorms outside my bedroom window. I knew from then that my plans of a long run today were not going to pan out.

Fortunately, late in the day I was able to break out of my lazy trance and head out the door for a run around town. I followed the same route from my apartment, heading south on Route 91 towards Solon. Except I kept going, much further than before. I had no idea where I was going to stop, I was just going on and on. Finally I turned around and made it back to the apartment in just over an hour. An hour and 47 seconds to be exact.

I'm not quite sure of the distance, but a rough draft on the Gmaps Pedometer site told me abour 7.3 miles. That would put me at about a 8:19/mi average pace, which seems about right. So while I'm disappointed that I didn't get my long run in today, I'm glad that I was able to improvise and find a new little route to take.

Weekly Total:
19.5 miles
Yearly Total: 562.2 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home