Saturday, August 12, 2006

Detroit Marathon Training - Week 5 - Run #2

I was busy on Thursday & Friday evenings, so the second run of the week was pushed back to Saturday. Since it was just the day before my next long run, I took it pretty easy and ended up doing about a 5K. For the first time, I ran outside near my apartment. I took off from the front door of my building, out of the complex street and onto the sidewalk of the main street.

I looked at the Gmaps Pedometer site to try to figure out the distance, and it's roughly a 5K. The only bad part about it is that there are a number of intersections to run through, and also a hill that is nice on the way out, but not so nice on the way back.

I ended up finishing the 3.1 miles in 24:10. It was hot and I'm still not 100% sure on the actual distance, but 3.1 is a pretty safe guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home