Saturday, August 05, 2006

Detroit Marathon Training - Week 4 - Run #3

This week's long run went much, much better than last weeks. What a difference six days (and more importantly, about 25 degrees) makes. I headed out to my usual long run spot, the towpath in Brecksville, and set off to run 6 miles north and then turn around. I started off well, with an exactly 8:00 first mile. I then slipped to about 8:20 for the next two, before clocking another flat 8:00 one. After that I sort of lost track. I know I hit the turnaround point at 49:06, which put me at an average of an 8:11/mile pace.

The 6 miles back where definetely not one of my best running experiences. In fact, it was pretty close near the top of the bad ones. It was kind of the first time that I found myself having to really go to the bathroom on a run. And I really had to go. The last 3 miles, I was pretty much preoccupied with debating whether or not to make a run into the woods, because it was bad. But I made it. And of course, by that time the need had magically passed for the time being. The second half of my run ended up taking 52:27, which averages out to an 8:44/mile pace. Part of that was the bad feeling, and part of it was just being tired.

So overall, I ended up running 12 miles in 1:41:33, which averages out to 8:28 per mile.

Weekly Total: 23.5 miles
Yearly Total: 493.6 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home