Sunday, August 13, 2006

Detroit Marathon Training - Week 5 - Run #3

Today was the long run for a week. I did not feel bad at first from having just run the day before, but I think in the end it hurt me. I headed out to Brecksville to run on the towpath, and started running south since I went north last week.

The weather was very nice, so the towpath was crowded, even though it was only 9am. Most of it was bikers, but there were more runners than I usually see. Not to mention the trail is more crowded to the south anyways.

I felt pretty good and was keeping a fairly consistent 8:00/mile pace. I hit the 7 mile turnaround point at 57:11 (8:10/mi pace), but I think that was inflated because one of the miles seems to be measured incorrectly which adds about 45 seconds.

I started to get pretty tired on the way back, which reflected in my time. The 7 mile run back took me 1:02:45 (8:57/mi pace). I was pretty exhaused by the finish, mostly in my legs which are still sore now, 5 hours later.

So overall, I ran the 14 miles in 1:59:56, which equals out to an 8:34/mi pace.

Weekly Total: 24.1 miles
Yearly Total: 517.7 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home