Thursday, August 31, 2006

Detroit Marathon Training - Week 8 - Run #2

After taking a few days off, I was back with a vengence today. I don't start in anticipation of going all out, it just sort of happened that way. I showed that treadmill who was boss today.

I started off strong with a 7:30/mi pace, and bumped it up to 7:24 after the first mile. At the 3 mile mark, I bumped it up to 7:18, and did a few more increases after that. It was a struggle at times, because when I set a longer target (like 7 miles today), I just seem to dread the time. But I kept going, and kept speeding up. The last mile I went all out even though I was afraid I'd have to stop before my 7 miles were up.

My finishing time for the 7 miles was 51:13, a very strong 7:19/mi average pace. In fact, that is 13 seconds faster than the pace of my 10K PR! So needless to say, I'm very happy with today's results.

Weekly Total: 12 miles
Yearly Total: 574.2 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home