Thursday, September 07, 2006

Detroit Marathon Training - Week 9 - Run #2

Went out for a late run this evening since I wasted my afternoon driving out to the west side (Parma) to pickup my packet for this Sunday's River Run half marathon. They had a packet pickup yesterday at the nearby Fleet Feet Sports, which I totally forgot about until this morning. Unfortunately, there is no race day pickup, so I was forced to go today or else I'd have to drive even further to pick it up Friday or Saturday.

So anyways, I got home, ate dinner, and headed out for a run. I didn't want to do the full distance of my newfound course, so I set out with a general idea of where to turn around. So I headed down pretty far, to the Solon schools intersection, turned around, ran around to the far apartment entrance, around the apartment loop and back to my complex. After a few minutes of drawing on the Gmaps Pedometer website, I calculated my distance to be 5.73 miles in a time of 49:32. That averages out to an 8:38/mi pace which might be true because I was feeling some pain at the beginning and took it kind of easy. With the big race coming up on Sunday, I didn't want to push it too hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home