Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Detroit Marathon Training - Week 10 - Run #1

Look at that, in the double digits for my training week now. Pretty soon it will be week 16, which is marathon week. After my race this past weekend, I'm now sort of wishing I had a few more weeks of training to do.

Well, today was back to normal. A run downstairs on the treadmill after work. I started off strong, at a 7:41/mi clip, and briefly decided to mix in some speedwork, doing the last 1/4 of the first mile in 6:44 or so. Not a good idea. It tired me out.

I did the second mile at 7:41 also, before kicking it up to 7:35 for miles 3 & 4. For mile 5, I went down to 7:30, and to 7:24 for mile 6, with increases every .2 miles and then even more frequently in the second half of the mile.

All in all, I finished 6 miles in a time of 45:06, for an average pace of 7:31 per mile. One of my better runs, if I do say so myself. The highlight of the evening though was my girlfriend treating me to a delicious salmon dinner that she cooked after I came home (with salmon in hand). That's about the best dinner ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home