Sunday, July 23, 2006

Detroit Marathon Training - Week 2 - Run #3

Today saw the return of the weekend long run. Since I ran a race last Saturday, the first long run of my training was not until today. I'm happy to report that the run went well, though I'm not looking forward to blocking out 2 - 3+ hours out of every weekend for the next four months.

I hit up the Towpath Trail in Brecksville today (which fortunately just reopened two days ago as they have fixed all the flood damage from nearly a month ago) for the first time in quite a while. I headed south and ran five miles down past Boston, and then back. I stopped in Boston on the way back for water, and boy did I need it. I had made this my lone planned water stop (well, I don't really have any other stops to choose from), and I really should have gotten more. I really needed a drink by the time I got there, and drank so much that I felt a little off the next two miles or so.

As for my pace, it was not as good as I would have hoped. I started off the first two miles at an 8:05/mile pace. From there it dropped to about 8:20 for the next two. At the end, my time for the ten miles was 1:23:26, which averages out to an 8:20 pace. Not bad, but considered I ran a half marathon nearly four month ago at a 7:55 pace, I was hoping to see better things.

Weekly Total: 21 miles
Yearly Total: 459.6 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home