Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Week 8 - Tempo run

I was aiming to get back on schedule today which called for a 10 mile run, and thought I had a good shot at it until my knee starting aching. I did manage to complete 6.5 miles in 54:12 (8:20/mi pace) before I shut it down. My knee kept hurting while I tried to walk it off, though it felt better after I stretched for a bit and feels fine now.

I had sort of written off Sunday's troubles to running on an uneven surface (the grassy side of the towpath), but today was just a straight forward treadmill run. Not a good sign.

My next run, I believe, will be on Sunday. The Shamrock 15K is being run in Stow, OH and the weather is supposed to hit 60 for the first time this year, though I'm hoping the rain will hold off. I might try to squeeze a short, quick run in before that, but we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home