Sunday, February 26, 2006

Week 6 - Long run

This week's long run went much better than anticipated, mostly in part because of some cooperation from the weather department. The forecast had sounded unpleasant the past few days, but when I woke this morning it was sunny and I logged onto the local news station and saw it would be in the low 40s through mid-day. So I hurried on over to the towpath to get my run on. The only downside of the weather was the wind, which was gusting around 30+ mph. But I had my hat and gloves and running tights, so I was pretty shielded from that.

So off I ran, not really sure how long I would go. During mile 3, my left knee starting hurting. More specifically, the iliotibial band by my left knee starting aching. So after 3 miles, I turned around to head back to where I started. The pain decreased (or at least was more bearable) as I went along, so I kept going past my starting point and headed north on the trail. I continued a few more miles before turning back.

Before I knew it, I had completed 11 miles in 1:37:31 (8:52/mi pace). Not a great pace, though I did start off around 8:20/mi for the first 3 or so, before the knee started hurting. I'm hoping I can get through this next week about as good as I did this past one. Maybe add a couple more miles to next week's long run. I've totally deviated from the schedule in terms of the long runs, so I'm sort of playing the long runs by ear now.


Weekly Total: 22 miles
Yearly Total: 115 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home