Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Week 5 - Tempo run

Today I did manage to get back on track. The plan called for a 5 mile run at an 8:06/mi pace, and that's exactly what I did. No more, no less. I will admit that it wasn't exactly a breeze, and as usual I did consider cutting it short, but I got through it and finished in about 40:22 (8:04/mi).

Next up is the long run, and I have no clue what's going to happen with that. It's supposed to be in the 20s this weekend and snow, so that pretty much rules out running outside. And 14 miles on a treadmill? You've got to be joking. I struggle to get through 5 without bailing. I don't think I could handle 2 hours on a treadmill. Physically, yes. Mentally, no. It's just such a different mental challenge being on the treadmill as opposed to be outdoors, and I struggle with it every day. But if I don't start getting in these long runs, the marathon is not going to be a pretty sight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home