Sunday, March 05, 2006

Week 7 - Long run

Today's run was a disaster, pure and simple. I got up early, the weather was decent, and I was looking forward to it. I got out there and the towpath was damp so I ran a lot on the grass on the side. I somehow ran my first mile in 7:22, which is very fast for me though it did not seem like I was going that fast. I was feeling good until mile 4 when my left knee really started aching. It got so bad that I had to stop, and that was about it. I ended up walking most of the 3 miles back to my starting point. I tried running brief spurts, but the pain returned quick and heavy.

If I had not already registered for the Flying Pig Marathon, I would be having some serious hesitations about going forward. I had similar pain last year when I was training for Akron, but I cut back and it eased. However, I'm not feeling confident about my conditioning so far, and I don't know if I can afford to cut back. I'm going to try to keep up and hope for the best.

Weekly Total: 14 miles
Yearly Total: 129 mile

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home