Friday, February 10, 2006

Week 4 - a run

Well, after being missing in action for almost 2 weeks, I got back to running today. As I had mentioned in my previous post, I was feeling a little under the weather, and it only got worse after that. It was merely the common cold (or so the doctor said), but it kicked my butt. My sore throat and aches lasted an entire week, only to be followed by a bad cough that only started improving over the past couple of days. I could have kept running, but I didn't want to take a chance and possibly prolong my illness. So I took some time off. But now I'm back, hopefully for good.

My goal for today was just to get some running in, which I did. I completed 4 miles in 33:55 (8:29/mi pace). I felt fairly good, though I was anxious to get it over with. I had been aiming for 5, but did not feeling like hanging around too late on a Friday evening. I plan to get back to my normal schedule on Monday and am not going to try to do anything to makeup the missed runs. I feel confident that I can just pickup the schedule where I should be at and go from there.

Weekly Total: 4 miles
Yearly Total: 76 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home