Friday, January 20, 2006

Week 1 - Long run

I moved up my long run by a day due to the very un-winter-like weather conditions that were not going to stick around for Saturday. Fortunately I got out of work early and headed straight for the park. It would be my first outdoor run in a couple of months. I started off in Peninsula, OH, on the canal towpath, part of the Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area. The towpath is a 40+ mile long trail that was the scene of most of my running last year.

I went south for a couple of miles, and had a surprisingly quick 8:18 mile. I then turned around, went back past where I started and north a few more miles. I finally turned around one more time, and finished up my 10 miles in a time of 1:26:40 (8:40 / mi), an excellent time for me. And the best part is that I felt good. I felt like I could have done more. I did not have any breathing issues or pain in my legs. I developed blisters on both heels, but nothing I couldn't deal with.

So week one has come and gone and I'm still here and completed everything as scheduled. This week went as good as I could have asked for. One week down, fifteen to go!

Weekly Total: 20 miles
Yearly Total: 44 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home