Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Post-marathon run #1


Today was my first run since Saturday's marathon, and it went fairly well. I planned for a 5K, and managed to get through it, on the treadmill at the fitness center at work this afternoon. I felt various pains in unusual places, like the inside of my lower left ankle, and some pains in the right quad (which got tight near the end of the marathon). But nothing serious enough to make me cut the run short.

It was also my first real run in my new shoes, a pair of Saucony Progrid Trigon 5 Ride. I only know that because I'm looking at the box right now. I bought them about a month ago, but stuck with my old Brooks to get me through the marathon. This is my first pair of Sauconys, and I got them because they felt really soft, cushioned and light. Hopefully they hold up pretty well. I have a new pair a Brooks waiting for me courtesy of the Akron Marathon, so I'll have those as a backup in case these don't work out. I think it was my body still recovering today that caused the discomfort, and not the shoes. Or at least that's what I hope.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home