Sunday, February 25, 2007

Half marathon training - Week 3 - Long run

This week's long run went pretty well. I ran the 9 miles on the indoor track at the community fitness center, and while the course was no entirely obstacle free, there was much less dodging required today than in recent runs there. I think I only had to yell at one person to watch out.

I finished the 9 miles in 1:15:38, for an average pace of 8:23/mi, which was greatly helped by my last mile which I ran in 7:32. I was full of energy at the end, and felt like I could have gone much further, and faster. But I had been there long enough, and done my scheduled distance, so I went home, happy with the results. Looking forward to next weekend and breaking back in the double digits in mileage.

Weekly Total: 18.5 miles
2007 Yearly Total: 98.7 miles

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home