Saturday, June 09, 2007

8 mile long run


Today was a beautiful day here in Northeast Ohio, as I went out for a run around noon and the temperatures were in the low 70s and very sunny. I headed out to the towpath, for the first time in a while, and did an 8 mile run, heading north out of Brecksville.

It wasn't until I started running that I realized I forgot to use my inhaler, the results of which I noticed shortly afterwards, so I knew I was in for a hard run. Surprisingly, I finished the first mile in 7:52, but then there was a huge drop-off as the 2nd one took me 8:44, which is the pace I hovered around for most of the rest of the run.

Today was also the first time I used the new water bottle I bought. Since 8 miles isn't too crazy, I felt taking the Camelbak was a bit of an overkill, so I have a new 1 liter bottle with a zip-up cover that has a handle you wrap around your hand. I was worried it was going to be cumbersome, but it wasn't too hard to get used to running with. The only bad part about today's run (besides the lack of inhaler), was that everyone else (and their cousin) was out enjoying the nice weather, so the towpath was a little congested. I think I was passed by about 100 bikers today. But I suppose I should be happy that everyone is out enjoying nature and getting some good exercise.

Weekly Total: 17.44 miles

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home