Tuesday, June 19, 2007

5 mile easy run


Today was the first run of what might end up being 16 weeks of marathon training. Well, actually, this would be the start of week 2 since the marathon, the Akron Marathon, is now 15 weeks away. I went onto Runner's World website and used their little training application to come up with a training routine, and today was my first attempt at following it. Since I'm planning to run a 10K this weekend, and thus would come up a few miles short of this week's long run, I added a couple miles to today's "easy run" to make it 5 miles instead of the 3 the schedule called for. I did manage to follow the 8:30 pace closely, as I set the treadmill to 8:27/mi and it came out very close. I didn't use my inhaler today but actually felt OK. It was my legs that were tired more than anything, even after taking yesterday off. Next run is Thursday.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home