Friday, June 08, 2007

5 mile tempo

Since my new issue of "Runner's World" arrived this week, with an article stressing the importance of tempo runs, I've decided this is something I need to focus on more. So today, I went out and did one.

Started off with the first mile at a warmup-ish pace of 8:27, then put in 3.1 miles at a 7:30 pace, and then cooled down back at 8:27, with a slight pickup to 8:00 for the last quarter mile or so, because I was bored and wanted to get it over with. All in all, my iPod says I did 5.11 miles in 39:03, for an average pace of 7:38/mile. Not too shabby. I followed that up with a solid 35 minutes on the bike (30 @ good pace, 5 @ cool down) and finally a good set of stretches. Fridays after work are the best workouts because the fitness center is the least crowded it ever gets. Just us losers who have nothing better to do on a Friday evening. :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home