Monday, February 19, 2007

Half marathon training - Week 2 - Long run

I was lazy yesterday and did not get my long run for the week in, so I stretched the week out a day longer and got the run in today. Eight miles on the indoor track at the community fitness center.

Today we finally broke above freezing for the first time in almost a month. I can hardly wait to start running outside again. While at first I thought the indoor track was an improvement over a treadmill, I'm quickly learning that it's not. Tonight I had to dodge around people and/or objects close to a dozen times. At one point I had to yell at a kid to get off the track as he was playing catch with a football, in the middle of the track lanes. Also, during the last 200m of my run, a volleyball ran out onto the track right in front of me, and I had to leap to avoid it, which caused a sharp pain to go through my left calf. I was not happy.

Weekly Total: 17 miles
2007 Yearly Total: 80.2 miles

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home