Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Half marathon training - Week 2 - Speed run

So today's run was almost canceled due to the ridiculous snow going on outside which made the smart people go home early. But I stuck around and did my speed run for the week, and actually achieved what I set out to do, which doesn't usually happen on anything but my long runs these days it seems.

So the plan for today was to do 4x800m repeats. So 1/2 mile slow, 1/2 mile fast, repeat, for four miles total. So I did my "slow" increments around 8:50/mi pace, and the "fast" increments at around 7:15/mi pace, with increasing pace during the last one. Unfortunately, the graph for today's run really doesn't represent it very well, but it was a tough run that I felt like cutting short a number of times. But I made it through and felt good about it. I then capped off my workout with 20 minutes on the recline bike, which covered a little over 7 miles. Well, I felt good about my workout until my normal 35 minute drive home turned into a 2 hour and 15 minute drive of hell. I guess that just shows how dedicated I am...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home