Sunday, February 11, 2007

Half marathon training - Week 1 - Long run

Today was the first long run of my half marathon training, and the longest run I have done in quite some time. Seven miles is a whole lot of laps around the indoor track at the local community fitness center. Very not exciting, though not as bad as the treadmill. It feels nice to actually be moving, even if it is in an oval pattern.

The run went pretty well. I kept a pretty steady pace and didn't have too much problem with breathing or tiring out. My training program calls for a longest pre-race run of 12 miles, but I think I'm going to just keep adding a mile each week to my long runs and see where it takes me. 13 miles is not a big deal to me, and I'd feel better about doing a little longer a few times before the actual race.

Weekly Total: 15 miles
2007 Yearly Total: 63.2 miles

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home