Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Four more

Today I did a four mile run on the treadmill at the rec center after work. I've accredited my lack of improvement in my previous marathon (Detroit, that is) to be because of my very bland, repetitive training routines. So, I've been trying to do a lot of reading online to learn about different training techniques that I plan to incorporate in my running from now on. One of these techniques is speed work. I've done a little bit here and there in the past, by now it's time to get serious about it.

So today, for the first three miles, I alternated between an 8:00/mi pace for 1/2 mile, followed by a brisk 6:58/mi pace for the next 1/2 mile. It was pretty tough at times, but I stuck with it. I need more workouts like this if I want to improve and break through this plateau.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home