Sunday, November 05, 2006

A 10 miler

This afternoon I went out and ran a 10 miler, to see how my body was doing. I wasn't sure at first if I could make it that far, but I did. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring the receiver for my Nike iPod+ thing, so no graphs of today's run. I also stopped carrying my watch since I got that, so I had to resort to looking at the time on my cell phone which I carried in my Camelbak. I started the run at 3:44 and finished at 5:07. So 83 minutes to run 10 miles. That averages out to a nice 8:18 per mile average pace. Not bad being only 7 days removed from a full marathon.

So what does that mean? Barring any complications in the next week or so, I think I'm going to drive out to Philly in 2 weeks and participate in the Philadelphia Marathon. Yes, I realize that only taking 3 weeks between marathons is not the wisest thing I could do, but I feel that I can handle it. I'm in the best shape of my life, and I want to do the marathon thing one more time before I "hibernate" for winter. I'm going to try another long run next weekend, and that will be when I make my final decision. But for now at least, it looks like Philly is a go.

Weekly Total: 13.3 miles
Yearly Total: 813.5 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home