Sunday, November 26, 2006

First post-marathon run

I went for my first since the marathon today. I actually felt really good this past week, much better than after any of my previous marathons. I could have started back up on Thursday, but I'm in no hurry as I don't have any races on the horizon, so I figured I'd just let my body rest a bit.

The weather outside was amazing today, mid 60's and sunny, which is well over 20 degrees above normal for Cleveland this time of year. So I headed outdoors and ran around the neighborhood. I actually took a different path than usual and ran through a bunch of subdivisions and it was very enjoyable. With the week off, my body was a little less than enthused about the run today. I was a little stiff and sore, but I made it through 6 miles at a reasonable pace.

Since I have nothing in the pipeline, except a likely run in the Columbus Distance Classic (1/2 marathon) in April, I'm just going to try and stick to 3 runs a week, around 15-20 miles or so, just so I don't lose my conditioning.

Weekly Total: 6 miles
Yearly Total: 871.9 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home