Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Detroit Marathon Training - Week 13 - Run #2

Tonight's run was pretty impromptu. I had just received my new iPod nano in the mail, along with my Nike+ kit, so I was very anxious to take it out for a test run. So I did. Even though it was almost 8pm and already dark outside. Not a good idea.

Disaster almost struck during my first mile as I was running through an intersection when I had the walk sign, and just as I was about to get to the other side, a car came up and of course did not bother to stop at the white line but started going through the crosswalk until they suddenly saw me and stopped. I had to swing out wide to avoid being hit. So obviously not a fun experience, and a warning to be more careful when I run that late.

The rest of the run was pretty uneventful. I finished and saw that my iPod told me I only ran 2.84mi, though I had mapped that route out numerous times and estimated it to be closer to 3.1mi. Then I read that the sensor is only about 90% accurate out of the box (until I calibrate it). So I'm sticking with my original 3.1mi estimate, as that is within the margin of error.

So 3.1 miles in 22:52, for an average time of 7:22 per mile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home