Thursday, September 21, 2006

Detroit Marathon Training - Week 11 - Run #2

Today was one of my longer treadmill runs, but not one of my better ones. I actually went to a different rec center today, that my company operates at another location. So it was an interesting change of scenery. However, the run itself was not that good.

Today, during my lunch break, I decided that my goal time for the upcoming Detroit Marathon will be 3:40. In order to do that, I have to run an 8:23 mile pace. So, I decided that today's run should be exactly at that pace. However, since the treadmill doesn't like doing that, I settled for the next best thing, 8:20. Which I did. And it was harder than I thought. I felt more like I was running a 7:20 than an 8:20. But I made it. Through 8 miles! That's almost a personal record distance on a treadmill. Granted I was ready to shoot myself out of boredom by the end.

So 8 miles in 1:06:44. I found out, much to my annoyance, the treadmill stops counting seconds after an hour. So ghetto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home