Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Detroit Marathon Training - Week 13 - Run #1

I was in a training class at work all day today, and a good part of that day was spent figuring out whether or not to run afterwards. Ultimately, I did, and ended up getting in a good run.

For the first time in a while, I headed to the park across the street for work for a nice outdoor run. It had rained in the morning, and everything was wet, but it had that nice fresh smell. Not all of the trail is marked, so I'm not definite on the distance, but I'm pretty sure I ran just over 7 miles. The first half I finished in 27:13, and I barely managed to pull out the "negative split" with a time of 27:12 for the second half, for a total of 54:25, which is around a 7:46/mi average pace.

So today's run was at a pretty brisk pace compared to what I've been doing the past couple of weeks. I felt like I needed to get in a tough workout, and today was a good day for that. It was sort of like a tempo run with some speed work mixed in. Not a lot of speed work, but some is better than none. I was huffing and puffing a few times, so that's a good workout in my book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home