Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Detroit Marathon Training - Week 1 - Run #2

Today was my try at a tempo run. I haven't really settled on what the pace for this should be. The plan I am (sort of) following suggest my 10K pace, which would be 7:32/mile. Others say like 10 seconds off your Projected Marathon Pace (PMP), which would be about 7:50/mi, since I'm (unofficially) aiming for an 8:00/mi pace. Today, I ran my first two miles at 7:47, bumped it up to 7:41 for mile 3, 7:35 for mile 4, and 7:30 for the start of mile 5, with increases every 1/4 mile.

I finished the 5 miles in 38:26, for a 7:41/mi average pace. I actually didn't feel too bad, though it was much easier to run with the treadmill flat than at a 1% incline, as I switched back and forth a couple of times. I'm not quite sure what is next. I may get an easy 3 in tomorrow since I'm going to Cedar Point on Friday, and Saturday evening is my 4 mile race downtown. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home