Saturday, June 17, 2006

Ohio City 5K & Crawl

Ran the Ohio City 5K & Crawl this evening and set a new 5K PR of 21:15. Here are the numbers:

Time: 21:15.5
Pace: 6:51/mi
Overall: 22 of 306
Division (Male 20-29): 7 of 30

I pushed myself hard from the start and did mile one in 6:40, my unofficial fastest mile. Mile two I felt a bit fatigued and I think I managed right around 7:00. By the third mile, it was pretty thinned out and it felt like just me and the guy in front of me, who I had previously passed but he managed to overtake me shortly afterward. Surprisingly, he was the only person to pass me during the race. I had my usual end-of-race kick, but it didn't last long since the finish line was not visible until rounding a corner which didn't leave me much time to sprint.

I'm very happy with my result. I did even better than I expected. I don't feel too comfortable about these "shorter" races since I started off as a marathon man. But I'm getting more comfortable now that I have a bit more experience and have managed to improve my speed in the past year. I'm likely going to do a 10K race this coming Sunday, so it will be interesting to see how that compares to this 5K.

Weekly Total: 15.1 miles
Yearly Total: 388.2 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home