Wednesday, June 07, 2006

picking up

Went to the park across the street from work again this afternoon. Since I knew the course a little better this time, I set out with a goal in mind to do around six mile. I ended up doing 6.5 miles in around 54 minutes. I'm not entirely sure about this distance, but it's a fairly close approximation. Unfortunately the mileage markers are sporadic and the course has numerous alternate routes, so I try to use time as my indicator of distance since I usually stick pretty close to an 8:00/mi pace.

Felt pretty good. It was the second straight run I did without my headset, which I did not really miss that much. I've found that I talk to myself even more than usual without it, since there is nothing else to distract me. Yes, running is a very simple activity, so one's mind has to find something to do since the act itself requires minimal attention. I wonder if other people can just get into a zone and focus on the task at hand. If they can, I envy them....greatly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erik Holmberg said...

Can we get an update on the weekly and yearly total?

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home