Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Week 9 - Speed run

Today was the beginning of the second half of my marathon training. I was still a little sore from Sunday's 15K run (not used to running those hills), so I held back a bit. I did half of what the plan called for, so I did 6 repeats of 400m at a 6:53/mi pace. Following that, I did 3 more miles at increasingly faster paces. My brain is always thinking away while I'm running, and I quickly realized I had a good chance to finish 10K in under 50 minutes, which has been a goal of mine for a while.

So, I kicked it into high gear for the last mile and change and hit the 10K mark (6.2 mi) at 49:47. That beat my mark from Sunday's race by just over a minute (thanks to the lack of hills on the treadmill). It was a satisfying workout and a good way to start the backend of my training program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home