Thursday, March 30, 2006

Week 11 - Tempo run

The weather was very spring-like today, so I ventured outdoors (like many other people) and went out to the park. I started off fast (first mile was in 7:04) and slowed over time to about an 8:00/mi pace. It felt nice to run outdoors, and seemed a lot more natural than the ol' treadmill.

I finished my run of 6 miles in 47:17 (7:53/mi pace). Not bad, but I wasn't able to stay under 8 minutes very easily. I know I need to be patient and the speed will come with more time and work, but I really want to do this next marathon in under 4 hours.

Next up is Saturday's Columbus Distance Classic, a half-marathon in Columbus, OH. I aiming to finish in under 1:45. They have a pacer for that speed, so I'm going to try to hang with them for as long as possible. Hopefully I'll have good news to report with my next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home