Sunday, June 21, 2009

2009 Ohio City Run & Crawl 5K

Last night I did my only annual 5K run. It was the 4th annual Ohio City Run & Crawl 5K which I have run all four instances of. It starts just across from the West Side Market, in front of the Great Lakes Brewing Company, and loops around the Cleveland neighborhood of Ohio City before finishing up right where it started.

Yesterday, it was sunny with temperatures near 80 and humid, which were not ideal running conditions. The race started at 7pm, at which point it had not cooled down much from the heat of the day. The course is not the best, with a lots of twists and turns at the start followed, fortunately, by some longer stretches along city streets though many of the streets are kind of treacherous with potholes and the such. I hit the first 2 mile markers at right around a 6:45/mi pace, which is a little slower than I had hoped for, but my body was not up for taking it faster than that. I did manage to have a surge towards the finish, but a PR was not to be had this evening. I did manage to beat my time from last year, but not the PR I had set 2 years ago.

Afterward, the main sponsor, Bier Markt, had a $1 draft special for each runner's first drink. Kristy had a Brooklyn IPA and I settled for a Hoegaarden. We then went next door to Bar Cento and enjoyed a very tasty dinner and another round of beers. After we left, walking back to the car, the weather was perfect. Too bad we couldn't have run the race then.

Chip Time: 20:53.92
Overall Place: 29 / 444
Division Place (M30-39): 9 / 71
Pace: 7:36.6

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home