Monday, October 09, 2006

Detroit Marathon Training - Week 14 - Run #1

I began the "taper" part of my marathon training today with a fairly easy 5 mile run on the treadmill at work. It was my first treadmill run with my Nike+ iPod kit, and it went fairly well. It clocked in my 5 mile run at 5.22 miles. I'll probably calibrate the sensor on a treadmill once it gets cold and I'm stuck indoors for the winter. Until then, I'll just stick with what the treadmill tells me I ran.

I started off around an 8:13 pace for about 2.5 miles, before mixing in some speedwork for two 1/2 mile segments and then gradual speed increased over the fifth and final mile.

So 5 miles in 39:01 for an average pace of 7:48 minutes per mile.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck!

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home