Sunday, April 16, 2006

Week 13 - Long run

Well, today was it. The last scheduled long "long run" before the marathon, which is 3 weeks from today. The plan was once again to give a shot at doing 20 miles, and today I was actually able to do it. No, it was not easy, but I kept moving and eventually made it to the finish.

I started on the towpath trail in Brecksville, went down past Pennisula (7 miles) and on another 3 miles before turning around and doing the second half of my run. I checked my split times, but I can't really remember any of them. All I know is that I finished in 3:01:31, a 9:04/mi pace. Just 5 seconds under the pace to achieve the 4 hour mark, my goal for the race. I was pretty wiped out though I felt better than after 16mi last Sunday, and I think I remember coming in a minute or two less for the 16mi this week.

So, I'm going to keep pushing hard this week and this coming Saturday I am running in the Hermes 10 miler in downtown Cleveland. So that will be one last race before the big one. Overall I'm happy with today's run. Not quite the pace I'd hope for, but I got the mileage done, and that's the important thing.

Weekly Total: 25 miles
Yearly Total: 260.7 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home