Wednesday, January 03, 2007

First 4 of the new year

Went for my first run of the new year today. Despite the nice weather, I opted to stay indoors (since it's more convenient) and hit up the fitness center at work. To my surprise, it was not crazy busy. Sure, all of the elliptical machines were taken, but the long line of treadmills were not even half taken. So I was able to get on one I like and get in my full workout without having to stop after 30 minutes. This made me happy.

I did a 4 mile run today, with a 3/4 mile warmup, followed by 1/4 mile intervals of fast and slow, with the "fast" being a 7:03/mi pace and the "slow" being around an 8:57/mi pace. The run graph doesn't illustrate this that well, but it was a tough run. I pushed myself and was happy with the results. I need more workouts like this one if I want to break a 3:40 marathon this year. Oops, did I just set a goal for myself?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home